A blog to follow the members of Wayzata Free Church and friends as they travel to Poland to teach English and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Shower by Thursday"- Mike Snuffer

So, this was the quote of the morning! Mike Snuffer said to make sure we shower by Thursday... He meant shower by 6:30, because that is our meeting time every morning, but misspoke. It was very funny and had the whole team laughing. In fact, I bet our team meeting could have been half as long except that we have such a funny group and we laughed for so much of it. It is such a blessing to be on a team that enjoys life so much and gets along so well.

It is about 1:00pm here and we are about to head to lunch in a half hour (they eat much later in Poland). This morning we woke up and had breakfast. We had delicious bread and rolls and some salads that would resemble a potato salad. They also had cereal, milk, and hardboiled eggs and the shocker to me- HOT DOGS! wow, when I opened the lid of those, I was sure surprised! But there was also really good tea to drink!
Next we had a first staff meeting, which I have already described a bit, but I'll give you a few highlights. Mike had another quote that I will share with you because I really enjoyed it. "The significance of any event is its future." -Monty Sholund. I think this is so great because it helps us to remember that one of our goals is to connect the Polish people with the local church so that follow-up from the camp can happen. We also talked about 4 ways to measure our success.
1. Did you go?
2. Did you care for one another?
3. Did you give God his time?
4. Did you lay yourself out for God?
We have done the first one, but now we need to remain focused on the other three.

An update and praise on the suitcases- they arrived at 6 am! We have all our materials and other items so thank you for your prayers! I have been passing along your comments to the team and everyone was very encouraged! Oh yes, I was wrong about when the campers arrive... They come tomorrow! Today we are busy preparing for their arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment